Thursday 15 December 2011

Thursday

A productive day today. Sorted out chapter 2 as far as I can without chapters 1 and 3 and the bits of chapter 2 that my co-author has been promising for months. Revised the first half of chapter 5 but changing the second half  will be the tricky bit - again, because I haven't yet seen chapter 4.

Avoided looking at my email but when I finally succumbed found some further interesting reading for the pile - the latest publication from the FRC about the Combined Code and the Stewardship Code and a nice note from my FRC friend. This report had prompted some of the people on LinkedIn to pontificate about the need for increased regulation and monitoring which irritated me and I wasted some time pointing out the error of their ways. I must reset the way I get messages from LI so that I am not regularly alerted to their idiocies. In a thread on women on boards, it appears that messages have got personal and people have taken offence.

I've received an electronic Xmas card from a friend at MBS and have been forwarded one from Warwick. Both would be mildly entertaining for a child of 5. I wonder why the marketing departments at these universities think this type of greeting is appropriate. And now I see that ICAEW are holding a competition for staff to design ecards: why would a professional body want electronic Valentine's Day cards?

More work on chapter 5 tomorrow. And I must finish with the PhD thesis too.

No comments:

Post a Comment