Thursday 3 November 2011

Thursday

Well, I managed not to check my email until 11.30 by which time I'd put in more than 3 hours on chapter 6. Well, chapters 5 and 6 really - I found I needed to restructure things. I woke up with really sore eyes, no idea why, but it's been a bit of a problem. Still, I have written a few hundred words and I think they make sense. I'm back into the flow now so it's a pity I won't have much chance to work on it tomorrow. I have to go in for a meeting in the morning and then we're off to London to see Son's documentary at the BFI. Big excitement today - he was interviewed on the Today programme. Of course he hadn't told us and we didn't have the radio on so had to listen to the podcast. He sounded really good. Lots of nice texts, emails and tweets from people who do listen to Radio 4 in the mornings.

Started reading "Wilful Blindness" by Margaret Heffernan. Seems to me that the idea of wilful blindness rather negates the possibility of NEDs, let alone women, having much impact on boards. I see that David Cameron thinks that more women on boards will curb executive pay - hard to understand the reasoning. Reminded me of when Linda and I had to apply for our own jobs because we were on temporary contracts. We both asked to be moved up a grade and the mad head of Accounting told us off because, he said, we were both married and didn't need the money! These days he would have been reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment