Friday 14 June 2013

Not the most productive week...

.. but I have caught up with some reading and passed quite a lot of links to people who I think should be interested in, for example, this:

http://www.frc.org.uk/Our-Work/Publications/Professional-Oversight/Key-Facts-and-Trends-in-the-Accountancy-Profession.aspx

Visiting the library, a blessedly peaceful spot at the moment, I found "The Great University Gamble: Money, Markets and the Future of Higher Education" by Andrew McGettigan which is a riveting read, although rather bleak because it's difficult to see how the very complex situation could possibly be unpicked. It's reviewed here:

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/lsereviewofbooks/2013/06/05/book-review-the-great-university-gamble-money-markets-and-the-future-of-higher-education/

Thought I would have to spend time sorting things out after my office move but the removers did such an excellent job that there is no need. I'm now back in the tiny office where I started in 1986, 14 moves later. One of the offices I've inhabited has vanished because the building has been replaced. And the best ones are all now occupied by administrators!

Emails from MSc students: one thanking me, which is cheering, and one saying that his dissertation literature review, due today, will be delayed. Sigh. But the volume of email has fallen quite noticeably: everyone must be off on their hols already.





No comments:

Post a Comment